About A.J. Temsamani
A.J. Temsamani has devoted his practice to matrimonial and family law for over 30 years. His reputation has contributed to his attainment of various prestigious honors including:
- Selection by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Family Law.
- The Law Firm of A.J. Temsamani, P.C. is regionally ranked by Best Lawyers® as a Tier 1 law firm on Long Island in the area of family law as published in U.S. News & World Report. The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.
- Selection as a New York Super Lawyer, a distinction earned by only five percent of the lawyers in the New York metro area.
- The Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Peer Review rating. “AV” is the best possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. Martindale-Hubbell describes an AV Preeminent rating as “a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
- Selection by the Ten Leaders Cooperative as one of the top divorce lawyers on Long Island.
- Selection as one of the Ten Best divorce and family law attorneys in New York by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
- Selection as one of the best rated divorce attorneys on Long Island by Long Island Pulse Magazine.
- Selection as one of the Ten Best divorce and family law firms in New York for client satisfaction by the American Institute of Legal Counsel.
A.J. has also been selected as a Special Master in the Nassau County Supreme Court Matrimonial Part Neutral Evaluation Program. This program provides litigants in contested divorce cases with the opportunity to settle their matters by appearing with their attorneys before a Special Master who will be presented with the contested issues in their case. The Special Master will offer advisory opinions and assist the parties in resolving their divorce action without the need for litigation.
A.J. also recognizes the importance of being actively involved in professional organizations. He is a Master member of the New York Family Law American Inn of Court, and member of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and member of the Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association.
A.J. has lectured for the Nassau Academy of Law on several matrimonial topics, including custody, visitation and relocation and on various aspects pertaining to the preparation of a matrimonial case for trial. He has also lectured to students enrolled in an intensive family law practice seminar at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and Touro Law School. A.J. has presented and participated in the preparation of a number of programs presented by the New York Family Law American Inn of Court on various topics aimed at promoting ethics, civility and excellence in the practice of matrimonial law. He was also a mentor for law students enrolled in the Child and Family Advocacy Fellowship Program at the Hofstra University School of Law Center for Children, Families and the Law.
A.J. is a graduate of Queens College of the City University of New York where he held a variety of positions in student government including being president of the student government association. Upon graduating college, A.J. obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University.